If you still trust the folks at NOAA, we are due for a hot, humid week. Therefore, 4 out of 5 meals will use the grill (reminder: check the propane level in the grill tank today!). The only "inside job" is South of the Border inspired, and folks in Mexico know from hot.
To inspire you in your grilling efforts this week, here's a shot of the impressively smoky grill that we cooked on this weekend. (I love my gas grill, BTW.)
I thought I'd try something a little different for the next few weeks: First, I'll tell you what I'm up to on Sunday and then give you the whole week's menu. Let me know what you think.
What I did this Sunday:
- Baked granola. I make my own granola every month. Dave and I eat if for breakfast every weekday. It's easy to make and I always feel like I've accomplished something great when I have a few pans of it cooling on the counter.
- Made pizza dough. The dough is the one from this post. I like it a lot and it freezes really well. I made a double batch (enough for four large pizzas) and froze it all. On Friday morning, I'll pull one piece out of the freezer and thaw it out on the counter for dinner that night. I am trying a different method this week: grilling the pizzas - stay tuned.
- Made muhammara. This is a delicious recipe courtesy of 101 Cookbooks. I made it with Pastene brand roasted red peppers instead of roasting my own.
- Made galette dough. I used some of this in the peach tart for dessert tonight. The rest went in the freezer for a future savory or sweet treat.
- Made dinner. I made the Puffy Tacos with Beef as described over at Homesick Texan. I prepared the full amount of beef, but only half the amount of taco shells. We'll eat the leftover beef in a taco salad for lunch with corn chips (the shells wouldn't hold well for two days). For dessert, a peach tart.
Menu - Week of July 8
Puffy Tacos with Ground Beef
Zucchini "Carpaccio" Salad
Peach Tart with Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
Tofu Kebabs with Muhammara
Grilled Halloumi (cheese) and Vegetables (you'll notice this is a repeat from last week - we never ate this dish last week, so it's back in the lineup)
Rice Noodle Salad with Grilled Pork
Chilaquiles (from Twist of the Wrist)