Saturday, July 14, 2007

Week of July 15

I am traveling for most of this week. So, this week presented some small challenges: Dave will be solo for most meals and won't really cook a lot. So, I need to give him meals that are easy to heat and eat. I don't have a lot of time to do a lot of prep, so I will be pulling a few items from the freezer. And, I need to make myself something lovely and carry-on friendly for my flight on Sunday night.

On Sunday, I will:
  • Roast red peppers and eggplants for my plane sandwich and the millet salad.
  • Make a cole slaw: shredded cabbage, herbs and an oil and vinegar dressing.
  • Make a carrot salad: shredded carrots, chives, cilantro, sliced shallots in a lime vinaigrette.
  • Make a millet salad: cooked millet, roasted peppers and eggplant in a parsley vinaigrette.
  • Bake some World Peace Cookies. The dough is in the freezer and just needs to be sliced and baked.
  • Make and pack my plane dinner.
  • Take chili, black bean soup and turkey burgers from the freezer and put them in the fridge to defrost.

This looks like a long list, but it really isn't time consuming. The millet goes into the rice cooker and takes care of itself. The peppers and eggplant go onto the gas grill. While they are cooking cooking, I shred the cabbage and then the carrots in the food processor. As the peppers brown, I toss them into a tupperware container to steam off their skins. Total kitchen time will be about one hour.

Dave's Dinners

Sunday
Grilled pork chops
Steamed broccoli
Millet salad with red peppers and peas

Monday
Chili
Carrot salad

Tuesday
Turkey burgers
Green salad

Wednesday
Black bean soup
Tomato salad

Thursday
Cold cut sandwiches
Cole slaw

Friday
Who knows?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin