Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mint Ice Cream

I finally got my copy of The Perfect Scoop! In celebration, I made a batch of Mint Ice Cream. The recipe worked very well and we've been enjoying the results every night.

My batch lacked seriously minty mentholation in that I used a combination of mints from my garden: peppermint, spearmint, orange mint and apple mint. I had mostly orange mint available so that is the primary flavor. The flavor of orange mint is a lot softer than the mint you see in the supermarket (which is usually peppermint or spearmint).

I served my ice cream with World Peace Cookies from Dorie Greenspan's Baking. It's an excellent combination: reminiscent of Girl Scout thin mints. (Yes, those are crystals of Maldon sea salt on the cookies. )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We made David Lebovitz's Salted Caramel Ice Cream after reading about it here, and then ran to the store for The Perfect Scoop as soon as it came out. Our first attempt was Gianduja Gelato--highly recommended. Can't wait to hear more!

Sunday Cook said...

I think I'm trying a sorbet next. We'll see where the inspiration stikes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin