Sunday, May 6, 2007

Week of May 6

I can see already what summer is going to be like. I'm not sure I'm ready for it yet. I know the next few weeks are going to be crazy, so I apologize in advance for a few weeks of fairly uninspired cooking, interspersed with moments of culinary genius and/or madness.

BTW - I made that gnocchi recipe again. I am officially in love with that method of gnocchi-making.

All items made on Sunday are noted with an *, anything pulled from cold storage has an (f).

Sunday
Dinner
Sushi dinner out with Wes and Jill

Monday
Lunch
Crab cakes * and salad (We had crab cakes for supper on Saturday night. I didn't know what a Derby-dinner would be like. So, we drank juleps and considered that our official observance.)

Dinner
Chicken enchiladas (sauce * prepped on Sunday, assemble on Monday).
Black beans *
Cole slaw (cabbage * shredded on Sunday)

Tuesday
Lunch
Navy bean soup (f)

Dinner
Pan-seared gnocchi * salad with asparagus, shallots and goat cheese

Wednesday
Lunch
Monday leftovers

Dinner
Fake Indian Dinner: A delightful assortment of Trader Joe's premade Indian delicacies

Thursday
Lunch
Tuesday leftovers

Dinner
Turkey burgers (f)

Friday
Lunch
Wednesday leftovers

Dinner
Cheesesteaks!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin