Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Spicy Chicken Thighs, Quick Zukes

This was pretty yummy and easy to put together. I pretty much used the recipe as it was on The Wednesday Chef's blog. I prepped the chicken thighs on Sunday (cut off any extra fat and nasty bits) and put them into the baking dish. I also made the spice paste on Sunday and put in the fridge. This morning, I spread the spice paste over the chicken and put it back in the fridge.

Tonight, Dave popped the chicken in the oven and 45 minutes later ... dinner! The only things I would have changed: I should have put the chicken into a larger baking dish (my dish was 9x13 and the chicken was a little too snugly fitted in there) and run it under the broiler at the end, this would have gotten the skin crisper; I also sprinkled the finished chicken with fresh lemon juice.

While the chicken was in the oven, the basmati rice was in the rice cooker (love my rice cooker) and I made a quick zucchini side dish.

Quick Zucchini
  • 2-3 zucchini
  • olive oil
  • salt
  • curry powder
  • cayenne (optional)
  • half a lemon
Slice the zucchini into thin rounds (1/8" inch-ish). Saute in a large skillet in olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Toss occasionally to cook evenly. This should take about 5-7 minutes.

Sprinkle with curry powder and a little cayenne and cook another 2 minutes or so. When cooked through, squeeze some lemon over the top.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin