Monday, April 23, 2007

Gnocchi-licious

Ok, so now I see what all the fuss is about. This is a great thing to do with fresh gnocchi. I'm not going to give a recipe for the salad, since 101 Cookbooks and Smitten Kitchen have done that so well. Do try the gnocchi recipe in the Smitten Kitchen posting, I used the grater method and it worked great.

I made my salad with green beans, sliced fennel, sliced shallots and farmer's cheese. Then I tossed it lightly with a sherry vinaigrette and some fennel fronds. Very very nice.

I don't know how this will work with frozen gnocchi (Thaw and sear? Cook it frozen and but slower?). I did freeze some of the batch I made and will keep you posted.

I also don't know how this will work with "store bought" gnocchi (like those shelf stable packs you get at the supermarket). I will give it a try and report back.

If you've tried pan searing gnocchi before (store-bought or otherwise), leave a comment below as I would love to hear how it went and what you did.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin