This week's share was made up of:
- Beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 bunch of bright lights chard
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 quart of green beans of amaranth
- Summer squash and zucchini
- Sun gold and red cherry tomatoes
So here's what I think I'm doing with these items:
- I've already used the zucchini and squash in a sauté with some fresh corn
- The kale's been sautéed with a lot of garlic
- The broccoli's going into a simple salad like this one again
- We ate the tomatoes in a panzanella with last week's bok choy and lettuce and some of the onions and green beans
- I'll use the chard in a pasta dish with last week's amaranth and some more onions
So how'd I do with last week's haul? Here's what we ate from the CSA last week:
- I made a Genoese green bean and potato salad with pesto (beans, pesto made with Week 8's basil)
- We enjoyed a version of fattoush made "BLT style"
- We made a gorgeous tart with tomatoes and chard
- I have absolutely no idea what I did with the rest, but I do think a fair amount of it is still in the fridge and being cooked this week!
This Summer, I am chronicling my first CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) experience. My CSA share is from Arrowhead Farm, a farm based in Newburyport, MA. Each week, I am posting about what was in my share and what I'm doing with it. By way of full disclosure, I won my share through a raffle and am not paying for it. However, Arrowhead did not know I was entered in the raffle, and I received no special consideration because of this blog. I paid for my livestock share.