Sunday, February 17, 2008

Week of February 17

Welcome back to winter. After the fun-filled holiday season, the Superbowl and then Valentine's day, Presidents' Day is sorta a big ol' thud of a holiday, isn't it?

I'm starting to work on the website for my new business venture and look forward to showing it to you all soon. In the meantime, I am trying to try out as many new recipes and techniques as I can. This week's menu includes a lot of recipes for my Cookbook Challenge (noted as CC below - I've been rather remiss in posting over there, I'll admit).

Menu for the Week
Sunday
Pan-roasted chicken with garlic and rosemary
Baked potatoes
Asparagus with citrus vinaigrette

Monday
Turnips in escabeche (CC)
Lentils with crispy shallots
Brown basmati rice
Bitter greens salad (radicchio, frisee and arugula)

Tuesday
Spring rolls with black tea and mango dipping sauce (CC - I don't have the book right here - I know Heidi Swanson calls this dish something way more appetizing than this)
Sour Tientsin (Napa) cabbage (CC)
Szechuan-style green beans

Wednesday
Creamy tomato soup
Grilled cheese

Thursday
Chirashi sushi
Cucumber salad

Friday
Pierogies
Steamed broccoli

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin