To help you get off to a great start, here are a few classic cocktails I've featured in the past, plus a new one for you to try.
The Chauncey Cocktail
I was introduced to the Chauncey by the folks over at Live the Lush Life. The ingredient list may cause you to raise an eyebrow, but trust. This combination produces a delicious, well-balanced cocktail. Stir this drink -- do not shake.
- 3/4 ounce rye
- 3/4 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce brandy
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- dash of orange bitters
Combine all ingredients in an iced shaker. Stir until very cold and strain into a cocktail glass. Cheers to Repeal!
Other drinks to add to your celebration plans:
- Jack Rose: a great "gateway" cocktail into the world of classic cocktails. If you're a cosmo or lemon drop drinker - try a Jack Rose ASAP.
- Sidecar: another great classic "gateway" drink, perfect for those who want a citrusy drink.
- The Rosita: a delicious combination of tequila, vermouth and Campari.
- The Seelbach: a festive sparkler, guaranteed to light up any celebration.
- Pisco Sour: a great introduction to Pisco, a Peruvian brandy