Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week of March 1

Welcome to March! In true Massachusetts fashion, we're expecting a foot of snow tomorrow. Sigh. I just placed my vegetable seed order so I'm thinking spring while sitting in front of a roaring fire in our wood stove.

Last week was crazy busy, so I'm looking forward to taking a breath or two this week. As usual, I'm trying out some new recipes while making some old favorites.

Menu for the Week
Sunday
Fancy tacos (I bought a whole tenderloin on sale - $7/pound, wow! So we're using the tenderloin "chain" to make tacos tonight - filet mignon tacos? Why not!)
Homemade corn tortillas
Black beans (from Rancho Gordo) with onion, garlic and chilies
Cilantro slaw

Monday
Roast chicken
Zuni bread salad
Broccoli with lemon and garlic

Tuesday
Ma po tofu with pork
Rice
Baby bok choy with ginger and scallions

Wednesday
Turkey meatloaf
Olive-oil garlic mashed potatoes
Some vegetable (I forget what I bought)

Thursday
Chickpea and okra stew
Couscous

Friday
Pizza

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody else who posts weekly menus. Check http://menu.vldyson.com

This is a joint effort, I do the technical side of it and the photography, my wife does the menu and most of the cooking. I do things like charcuterie, do all of the canning, bread baking and have some meals that are 'mine'. Such as the stuffed pork chops this week. This will be bread stuffing but I often to it with a country pate.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, followed the trail of crumbs from Ruhlman.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin