Sunday, January 28, 2007

Week of January 28

Here's this week's plan. There is less made ahead this week - this week's more about advance prep. For instance, I made both the lasagne and lentil soup in double batches. So now I have enough for this week plus at least one week's worth to go in the freezer too. There are always some weeks where I won't have the time cook ahead. So, I try to lay in enough frozen meals to tide me through those times.

Due to popular demand, I will try to start posting more recipes. A lot of them are made up on the spur of the moment, but I'll do my best. Let me know if there's any recipe you're craving.

Sunday
Dinner
Roasted pork tenderloin *
Green tomato chutney (my Mom’s)
Butternut squash gratin *
Kale with sherry vinegar *

Monday
Lunch
Cold cut sandwiches on pita: turkey, cheese, red pepper or pesto spread
Veggies: carrot & celery sticks, cherry tomatoes

Dinner
Polenta “lasagne” with sausage, mushrooms, red peppers (and whatever else I found in the fridge) *
Salad

Tuesday
Lunch
Sunday leftovers

Dinner
Lentil soup *
Pita
Cheese
Daikon salad

Wednesday
Lunch
Monday leftovers

Dinner
Pasta with ricotta, parsley and toasted pine nuts
Salad

Thursday

Lunch
Tuesday leftovers

Dinner
Falafel sandwiches
Cherry tomato salad
Yogurt sauce

Friday
Lunch
Thursday leftovers

Dinner
Pierogies
Salad

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin