Sunday, January 21, 2007

Macaroni and Cheese

I used a recipe from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food. It's [supposedly] designed to be frozen. It seems like a pretty basic Mac and Cheese recipe, so this may mean that I can safely freeze all macaroni and cheese.

Anyway, I made it today (Sunday) and one portion of it will be heated up on Tuesday. The other half is going in the freezer in individual dishes. I haven't made this kind of casserole more than a few hours in advance before. I'm curious to see how the pasta and sauce hold up.

It's a pretty standard recipe. 1 pound pasta, cheese sauce made with 4 cups of milk, 12 ounces of cheedar.

I used 12 ounces of pasta and put in about 8 ounces of cauliflower (cut into teeny tiny florets) and rest of the spinach I had left over from the Italian Wedding Soup.

This is a picture of an unbaked portion - I will post a picture of the baked version later this week.

This is the macaroni and cheese destined for the freezer. I have finally learned to a) LABEL what's going in the freezer, and b) put the baking instructions ON the package.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin