Saturday, November 8, 2008

Drink of the Week: Widow's Kiss

I was introduced to The Widow's Kiss by the duo over at Married ... with Dinner. We actually drank this last week as a sort of Halloween-y treat. I thought it sounded spooky at the time.

After drinking it, I would say it's not so much spooky as sweeeeeet. I shouldn't have been surprised: apple brandy and Benedictine and Chartreuse. Wow. We tossed in a few extra dashes of bitters and that tempered the sweetness. (Does that make it a Bitter Widow's Kiss?)

I can't say it's going to go into regular rotation, but every now and then I think the good widow may make an appearance.

The Widow's Kiss

In an iced mixing glass, combine:
  • 1 1/2 oz Calvados
  • 3/4 oz Benedictine
  • 3/4 oz yellow Chartreuse
  • 2-5 dashes Angostura bitters

Stir until super cold and then strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin