Like most soups and stews, this soup tastes even better the next day. Since it contains no dairy (except as an optional garnish) or potatoes it also freezes really well.
Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 or 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 rib of celery, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 (or more) teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can (15 ounce) diced tomatoes
- salt and and pepper to taste
Add the diced tomatoes and enough water to the pan to nearly cover the vegetables. Cover the pan and simmer until vegetables are soft. Puree the soup in a blender or with an immersion stick blender until the soup is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot, garnished with chopped cilantro, a drizzle of cream, and/or a wedge of lime.