Friday, March 14, 2008

Drink of the Week: The Harvard Cocktail

This post is dedicated to tHom and the rest of the Crimson crew.

This drink required that I add yet another bottle (brandy) to our liquor cabinet (more like large-scale liquor storage facility by this point), but it was a small price to pay for domestic harmony and tranquility.

The soda water is an atypical addition to a cocktail like this, but does create a light, drinkable (quaffable, dare I say?) cocktail. I would be curious to try a better brandy (I bought a cheapo domestic brand - maybe a Harvard graduate can afford to buy me a better bottle? :-) ).

Harvard Cocktail
  • 1 1/2 ounces brandy
  • 1 ounce sweet vermouth
  • 3 dashes Angostura bitters
Stir well in an iced mixing glass. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and top off with an ounce or so of cold club soda (or seltzer).

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin