Sunday, January 6, 2008

Week of January 6

Being home and not working a nine-to-five job has resulted in some nice changes to my schedule. I went shopping on Friday this week (as opposed to the Saturday or Sunday shop I usually do). I don't think I have ever had such a nice time at the supermarket: plenty of parking, no one in the store, no lines at the registers. Wow. Weekday grocery shopping is great.

Per one of my earlier posts, I am gearing up to master Resolution #8: Cooking one recipe from each of my cookbooks. I've set up a separate blog to track recipe completion. You can get to it here or via the Cookbook Challenge link in the sidebar. I'll be noting Cookbook Challenge recipes with a "CC".

On Sunday, I:
  • Braised leeks.
  • Baked beets.
  • Boiled up (simmered really) some beans for minestrone.
  • Made Sunday dinner.
Week of January 6
Sunday
Warm shrimp, arugula and radicchio salad with balsamic vinegar (CC)
Tortellini in brodo (CC)
Torta della Befana (CC)

Monday
Alice Water’s winter minestrone (CC)
Cheese toasts

Tuesday
Chicken souvlaki on pita
Greek cherry tomato salad

Wednesday
Fettuccine with mushroom ragout
Beet salad with horseradish

Thursday
Leek, anchovy & egg sandwiches (CC)
Green salad

Friday
Pizza night

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin