Monday, April 13, 2009

Week of April 12

Here's a picture of some of the first flowers that bloom in our garden. The taller flowers are Hellebores. They are a wonderful addition to your garden: they grow in shade to part shade, are evergreen, and (beat of all!) they bloom in very early spring. The smaller flowers are Scillas and are a great flower to go under larger plants.

End of brief horticultural interlude ...

My fridge and freezer are full of a random collection of ingredients so I'm trying to clear out as much space as I can in advance of the growing season (wishful thinking). Plus, after my great visit to King Arthur I'm baking more bread, so I'm trying to make a lot of dishes in which the bread isn't an afterthought, but an integral part of the meal.

Menu for the Week
Sunday
Chicken in a mustard-cream leek and cabbage sauce
Mashed potatoes with green garlic

Monday
Shrimp and tomato stew (I'm going to for something cioppino-esque)
Homemade sourdough bread

Tuesday
Not home - I'm teaching a class on making fresh pasta

Wednesday
Yay, The Butlers are visiting!
Cowboy steaks
Grilled Caesar salads
Oven fried potatoes and sweet potatoes

Thursday
Turkey leg confit salad with fresh bread

Friday
Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches

1 comment:

Gaby said...

all your dishes this week sound amazing!! have fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin