Friday, July 23, 2010

Drink of the Week: Flat Tire

I'm a huge fan of the Sidecar and its variations. Traditionally made with lemon juice, brandy and Cointreau, I thought pineapple would be an interesting twist on the recipe.

My pineapple was super sweet, so I needed to add some lemon juice back in to the recipe, but I recommend you hold back the lemon juice until you've tasted the drink without it then add a squeeze if you need it.

I called this cocktail the Flat Tire because I thought that's what your sidecar would have after you hit a spiky pineapple with it.

Flat Tire Cocktail

In the bottom of a mixing glass, muddle 4-5 cubes of pineapple until it looks very juicy. Add ice to the mixing glass and add:
  • 1 ounce brandy
  • 1 ounce Cointreau
Shake well. Taste for acid, if things seem to sweet, add a squeeze of lemon juice. Strain into a coupe or cocktail glass. Garnish with a pineapple slice.

1 comment:

Kitchen Butterfly said...

The name made me smile :-), flat tire! It looks lovely...and I love Cointreau!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin