Monday, July 26, 2010

CSA Booty - Week 10


This week's share was made up of:
  • Beefsteak tomatoes
  • 1 bunch of bright lights chard
  • 1 bunch of kale
  • 1 quart of green beans of amaranth
  • Summer squash and zucchini
  • Sun gold and red cherry tomatoes
  • Broccoli
  • Onions

So here's what I think I'm doing with these items:
  • I've already used the zucchini and squash in a sauté with some fresh corn
  • The kale's been sautéed with a lot of garlic
  • The broccoli's going into a simple salad like this one again
  • We ate the tomatoes in a panzanella with last week's bok choy and lettuce and some of the onions and green beans
  • I'll use the chard in a pasta dish with last week's amaranth and some more onions
So how'd I do with last week's haul? Here's what we ate from the CSA last week:
  • I made a Genoese green bean and potato salad with pesto (beans, pesto made with Week 8's basil)
  • We enjoyed a version of fattoush made "BLT style"
  • We made a gorgeous tart with tomatoes and chard
  • I have absolutely no idea what I did with the rest, but I do think a fair amount of it is still in the fridge and being cooked this week!
This Summer, I am chronicling my first CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) experience. My CSA share is from Arrowhead Farm, a farm based in Newburyport, MA. Each week, I am posting about what was in my share and what I'm doing with it. By way of full disclosure, I won my share through a raffle and am not paying for it. However, Arrowhead did not know I was entered in the raffle, and I received no special consideration because of this blog. I paid for my livestock share.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin